Through our packages of service you can avoid the stress and uncertainty of owing a property in Spain. We take care of it and have been in business since 1995.
Our friendly and knowledgeable team look after your home professionally and regularly inspect the property to see that everything is OK.
If you rent out the apartment via our high-ranking web site and international holiday home advertising, you can earn rental income to cover some or even all your costs of having a property in Spain. HomeCare will manage the rental process for you. Provision of a Guest Manual including places to visit, restaurant guide and sports/golf guide. We check that the apartment is up to the requirements of the law.
In case of an alarming situation HomeCare will step in and solve the acute situation, inform the owner and organize i e the repairs.
Talk to Pernilla directly +34681298442 0r mail Pernilla@homecareestepona.com
Homecare help you with the declarations:
Tax Declarations for non-residents in Spain
When a property is not rented to third parties the property owner has to pay an annual tax based on the deemed rental value of their homes. The taxable base is 2% of the castral value of their property, if this value has been revised within the past 10 years, and the tax rate is 19% (2019) for EU residents (otherwise 24%).
In either case no property costs can be deductible.
The deadline to submit the annual non-resident tax declaration is on December 31.
If the property is rented out to third parties the rental income needs to be declared and the tax paid to the Spanish tax office. For EU citizens the tax rate is 19% of the net rental income, whereas for non-EU citizens the tax rate is based on the gross rental income and the tax is 24%.
For EU-citizens , only the costs that are directly related to the generation of rental income are deductible (e.g. agents fee, cleaning, laundry, repairs and maintenance). All other property costs (e.g. local rates, community fees, utilities or interest on bank morgages) are only deductible pro rata to the number of days the property is rented.
The deadlines to submit non resident rental income tax declaration for 2019 are as follows:
Tax declaration for tax residents in Spain
First of all, a person is deemed to be a tax resident in Spain if he/she spends more than 183 days here within a calendar year. Regardless of the number of days spent in Spain within a year, a person can be considered tax resident here if the centre of his/her family/business/economic activities is in Spain - unless the person can prove official tax residency in another country.
Spanish residents have the obligation to declare all the annual income they generate and declare all the assets they own worldwide including all forms of capital gains, gifts and inheritances received worldwide.
The Spanish tax year matches the calendar year.
Basic Property Management
• Key holding
• Check the property and also after inclement weather
• Inspect all windows, doors and alarms (if present)
• Flush all toilets, run all taps and showers
• Check for and signs of damp and mould
• Air the property
• Check lights and power points are in working order
• Check and remove any mail (
• Emergency call out and repairs (cost of repair is additional)
• Check pool and garden area (if applicable)
• Advise regarding any repairs that may be necessary
• Regular checks for pests and vermin
• Entry and Exit Clean – comprehensive cleaning of all rooms and terraces, airing of property, bedding and towels changed and washed ready for new arrivals.
• Mid-week Clean – if required
• Collection, laundry and delivery of bedding and towels.
• Organize maintenance, cleaning and laundry
• Organize the electricity contract.
• Organize the water contract.
• Organize the telephone and WIFI contract
• Ensure utility payments and community fees are made on time
• Organize to pay the annual non-resident property tax declaration and/or tax due on vehicles
• Organize home insurance quote and payment
• Represent you at your community meetings
• Garden and pool maintenance.
Shopping for customers
• Assistance in car rental, golf booking, ITV inspection etc
• Allow and assist deliveries into your property.
• Organize and assist any maintenance, building works etc
• Provide a Welcome Pack for you or for your guests.
• Handle rental customers including all paperwork and report to Police.
• Emergency call out
• Booking, handle damage deposit and payments
• Organize IVA payment quarterly etc
And much more